Often referred to as a “stabilizer,” our products feature either a paper- or Mylar-backed sheet of heat-activated adhesive and sold in rolls by the yard. It requires low temperature and short pressing times, which enable a wide range of fabrics to bond to it. These solid sheets of adhesive allow for edge-to-edge coverage for applique shapes on quilts, wall hangings and attire, without puckering or bunching. NOTE: These are the same adhesive systems used to coat
as well as our other specialty films for the HTV marketplace. Roll Materials include our US-patented PS960 14″ PSA, PSA960 51″ PSA, N400 5-Mil 28″ Nylon, PS965 51″ PSA Permanent, PS965 16.5″ PSA Permanent, P600 3-Mil 49.5″ Polyback, P600 1.5-Mil 49″ Polyback, and P600 5-Mil 49.5″ Permanent.
Adhesive Backing Types:
- PSA — PSA stands for “Pressure Sensitive Adhesive.” Our PSA features a clear Mylar backing. This peel-and-stick adhesive holds appliqué in place for sewing. Our U.S.-patented formula prevents broken threads and gummed-up needles. Repositionable. Perfect for 2-color applications and Kiss Cutting. Must be sewn to prevent fraying.
- POLYBACK — The thermal adhesive backing provides stability for cutting and sewing on garments. The polyester-based coating has no PVC and can be cut on plotters, dies, lasers or even hand-cut. Must be sewn to prevent fraying.
- PERMANENT — Heat seal adhesive designed to be laser-cut and heat-pressed onto garments without sewing. This non-PVC adhesive will not burn from laser cutting while it simultaneously prevents fraying.
- PSA PERMANENT — The #1 choice for laser cutters. It can be used for no-sew applications or it can be embroidered onto garments as an applique. Perfect for Kiss Cutting 2-color designs. Repositionable. Works with all laser cutters and applications.
- UNCOATED — No adhesive backing. Just the fabric.
Why buy from JOANN, Hobby Lobby, Michaels® or other middlemen online when you can purchase direct from the manufacturer? Twill USA has dozens of Heat Transfer Materials in hundreds of colors, warehouses in Nevada and Indiana for fast delivery, plus $10.00 flat-rate shipping on all orders. Contact our USA-based Customer Service Team at (866) 806-9120 or email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.